Service Manager – Mechanical, HVAC, Refrigeration
Highland Consulting Group is an executive construction recruiting firm that specializes in placing top construction talent nationally. We are recruiting for individuals with construction management experience for this position as well as many others.
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Service Manager in the Charlotte, NC area for a Commercial / Industrial Mechanical contractor. Our client is a regional contractor that is in expansion mode. This position needs to be filled immediately. Project mix includes Commercial, Government, Education, Healthcare, Multi-family, and Industrial. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years Commercial Mechanical / HVAC / Refrigeration Service Management experience. We are recruiting for Service Managers that are goal oriented self-motivated multi-taskers with demonstrated leadership skills. This position allows someone to come in and run a department as if it is their own company. Help grow the department and quickly share in the rewards.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the service technicians, which includes scheduling, creating daily & weekly priorities, conducting staff meetings, hiring, training, evaluating staff performance, disciplining, and terminating someone if needed
- Be a technical resource for the service team
- Be the point person to satisfy customer's needs
- Maximize efficiency by evaluating the workload & creating a schedule that utilizes your staff to the maximize profits
- Resolve customer and staff complaints
- Oversee the material inventory and create a system of on time delivery of inventory orders
- Manage ongoing training to maximize customer satisfaction, quality control, and safety
- Review and approve payroll
- Create daily, weekly production reports for management
- Assist the sales team as the expert in service to help close a deal
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Mechanical / HVAC Service Manager
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability in Mechanical / HVAC / refrigeration service management
- Refrigeration experience must include ammonia & freon applications
- Must have the ability to create effective schedules, production reports, and accurate invoicing
- Must have strong people skills
- Must have solid computer skills
- Strong sales skills
- A four year degree is preferred
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.