General Construction Estimator
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are recruiting an experienced Estimator for a General Contractor in the Cincinnati, OH area. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years General Construction estimating experience. The preferred experience is a combination of estimating experience in all construction disciplines. Our client offers the opportunity to work on extremely large projects ($100 Million+ ) as your experience develops.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Help support the Chief Estimator to win new projects
- Respond to any change orders and communicate with Chief Estimator in a timely manner
- Develop master budgets and cost models for all Construction Divisions / CSI Divisions
- Provide hard bid & conceptual estimates of projects
- Create general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date
- Maintain the cost databases
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems to estimate costs
- Work with, and as part of the estimating team to prepare preliminary estimates and studies during pre-construction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect potential overruns and problem areas
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Proficient computer skills including estimating and industry specific software
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Strong pre-construction skills, including estimating, quantity survey, value engineering and constructability reviews
- Experience: 5 years experience as an Estimator for a General Contractor or Construction Management firm with projects larger than $5 Million
- Must have solid computer skills and experience on some of the major estimating software packages
- A four year degree is preferred. Candidates with construction management or general construction experience and a concentration in pre-construction estimating will be highly considered for this position
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. The company benefits include medical insurance, 401K savings plan, paid vacation & holidays and other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.