Assistant Project Manager - Mechanical
Highland Consulting Group is an executive construction recruiting firm that specializes in placing top talent nationally. We are recruiting for individuals with construction management experience for this position as well as many others.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Baltimore, MD, area to recruit an experienced Assistant Project Manager. Do you have experience with commercial mechanical systems? We are recruiting top talent that knows & enjoys working with piping, plumbing, and sheet metal. Our client utilizes cutting edge technology, has the resources to support production with in-house CAD Designers, fabrication, and administrative support. Contact us today to be part of an organization that is professional, growing, cares about its staff and is profitable. The successful candidate needs to have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Assistant Project Manager working with Commercial or Industrial projects.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager in managing and supervising all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Assist in negotiating all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Work with the Project Manager to manage the project budget and approve all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the Owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Work with the Project Manager to perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with the superintendent and the Owner’s Representative, and issue punch list to all relevant subcontractors
- Manage the submittal process
- Respond to or create RFIs as needed
Skills required for the position:
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Experience: 3 years experience as an Assistant Project Manager with large scale projects
This company cares about, and is committed to, the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.