Project Manager – General Contractor – Arlington, VA
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive recruiting firm that specializes in recruiting top performers in the construction industry.
We are working with a well-established General Contractor in the Arlington, VA area who has an immediate need for a seasoned Project Manager. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager working with Commercial and Institutional construction projects. This position works projects from award to closeout. In general, the Project Manager will work large long term projects with a high level of sophistication. Little travel is required since most work is within a reasonable commute.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and supervises all phases of assigned projects
- Prepares and manages schedules
- Estimates change orders
- Negotiates all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Manages project budgets and approves all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & Equipment
- Interfaces with the owner on all projects assigned
- Assembles and maintains complete project records and close-out documents
- Performs project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with superintendents and the owner’s representative, and issues punch lists to all relevant subcontractors
- Stays in contact with past clients for repeat work
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- 10+ years experience as a General Contractor Project Manager with large project exposure
- Bachelor degree is preferred but not required - Candidates with a strong construction background will be strongly considered
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. Their commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you have this type of experience, please apply to this position. You can also contact me directly at (724) 972-4753 to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.