Assistant Project Manager – Mechanical
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Washington DC Metro area, to recruit an experienced Assistant Project Manager. Do you have experience with commercial mechanical systems? We are recruiting top talent that knows & enjoys working with Piping, and Plumbing. This is a great opportunity to learn from extremely talented & caring professionals and has a direct path to Project Management. Our client utilizes cutting edge technology and has the resources to support production and growth. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an Assistant Project Manager working with Commercial or Industrial projects.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager in managing and supervising all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Assist in negotiating all change orders and maintaining change order logs
- Work with the Project Manager to manage the project budget and approve all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the Owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Work with the Project Manager to perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with the superintendent and Owner’s Representative, and issue punch lists to all relevant subcontractors
- Manage the submittal process
- Respond to or create RFI's as needed
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Establish timelines and budgets
- Cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Experience: 3 years experience as an Assistant Project Manager with large scale projects
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees that includes Healthcare, paid vacation, 401K matching contributions, bonus program, Long term disability, life insurance, and paid training
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.