General Construction Estimator
We are working with a client to recruit an experienced Estimator. Our client is a well-organized regional General Contractor in the Weirton, WV area with a Commercial construction emphasis. Our client is developing a national reach and is in an expansion mode. With this expansion you would be part of the team that shapes how the business grows and help to lead the charge. This position gives someone with experience an opportunity to shine on interesting larger projects. The position needs to be filled immediately.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years estimating with all the construction divisions. This position is responsible to help with Conceptual bids, Takeoffs, and Hard bids. Project mix includes commercial, government, education, healthcare, multi-family and light Industrial.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in developing a bid strategy for each project
- Develop master budgets and cost models for all Construction Divisions / CSI Divisions
- Provide conceptual & hard bid estimates of projects
- Create general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Provide independent estimates of change orders
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems to estimate costs
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect potential over-runs and problem areas
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Proficient computer skills including estimating and industry specific software
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Strong preconstruction skills, including estimating, quantity survey, value engineering and construct ability reviews
- Experience: 5 years experience as an Estimator for a General Contractor with projects larger than $1M.
- Must have solid computer skills and experience on some of the major estimating software packages
- The ability to help schedule projects is a plus
- A four year degree is preferred. Candidates with General Construction experience and a concentration in Preconstruction Estimating will be highly considered for this position
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. The company benefits include Medical Insurance, 401K savings plan, paid vacation & holidays and other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.