Mechanical Project Manager - Pittsburgh
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Pittsburgh, PA area that is recruiting an experienced Mechanical Project Manager. Our client, a leader in the industry, is a large regional union contractor that is extremely stable and which is seeing consistent growth. The employees are paid well and receive their bonuses as promised.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Mechanical Project Manager working on commercial, institutional, or government projects. Our client is searching for a Project Manager with strong project controls experience and who completely understands the finances of their projects. This position requires a strong working knowledge of mechanical piping, plumbing, and sheet metal. This position works projects from award to closeout. In general, the Manager will work large long term projects with a high level of sophistication. Since most of the work is local, little travel is required. Most work is within a reasonable commute.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Negotiate all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Manages project budget and approves all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with superintendent and the owner’s representative, and issue punch list(s) to all relevant subcontractors
- Stay in contact with past clients for repeat work
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Mechanical Project Manager with projects larger than $1 Million dollars
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.