Mechanical Project Manager – Laurel MD
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional, and industrial sectors.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Laurel MD area that is recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Project Manager. Our client, a leader in the industry, is a large regional union contractor that is extremely stable, and which is experiencing consistent growth. This contractor is highly respected in the industry and focuses on quality work and treating everyone professionally.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Mechanical Project Manager working on commercial, institutional, or government projects. Our client is searching for a Project Manager with strong project controls experience who completely understands the finances of their projects. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Mechanical Piping, Plumbing, and Sheet Metal. This position works projects from award to closeout. In general, they work large long-term projects with a high level of sophistication. Since most of the work is local, little travel is required - most work is within a reasonable commute.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Negotiate all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Manage project budget and approve all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the Owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with superintendent and the Owner’s representative, and issue punch list(s) to all relevant subcontractors
- Stay in contact with past clients for repeat work
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Mechanical Project Manager with projects larger than $1M
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven, and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Innovation – We create a culture of relentless improvement of solutions and processes to make every day better
- Integrity – We are open, honest, and committed to giving the straight story every time
- Service - We serve our clients, families, communities, and most importantly our people who are empowered and safe in making decisions and taking actions that dare to make us better
- Ownership - We take full, personal, individual responsibility for our actions and our work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
This company cares about and is committed to the wellbeing of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.