Mechanical Design Coordinator / Manager
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive search firm that specializes in placing top Mechanical Contracting professionals.
We are recruiting a Mechanical Design Coordinator / Manager for a Mechanical Design / Build contractor that is in hiring mode. Our client is a larger firm located in the Washington DC area who is looking for someone that can have an immediate beneficial impact on company operations. Projects consist of large multi-family and commercial projects that require coordination of the design process with the internal team, architects, contractors, and the Owner. This is an opportunity for someone to come in and own the process and be very successful.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with Senior Management to assist in the Design / Build process of large scale mechanical and plumbing projects
- Attend design meetings with the Owners, architects, contractor, and subcontractors to work to develop the concept and design of the project
- Work with the internal Mechanical Designers / BIM team to create the BIM models on time & within the design budget
- Coordinate all permitting
- Coordinate with estimating to make sure that they have the required information
- Perform design reviews
- Perform constructability reviews
- Start to create the early scope of work
- Ensure that the contract documents are produced on time and completely
- Understand the importance of various identified site issues and have the ability to communicate the potential implications to the project
- Be a forward thinker & have the ability to foresee potential delays in a project and work with Senior Management to resolve these issues
- Conduct regular meetings with the Senior Project Manager and Senior Management team to review the status of all open projects
- An Engineering degree or Construction Management degree is preferred
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Documented experience working with Plumbing, VRF, Split, Roof Top and traditional HVAC systems
- Must have a complete understanding of project financials
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees that includes healthcare, Life Insurance, disability insurance, and a generous vacation schedule.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.