Corporate Safety Manager Needed
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive recruiting firm that specializes in placing top talent in the Commercial & Industrial construction sectors.
We have a current opportunity available for a talented Corporate Safety Manager for a large regional General Contractor in the Washington DC area. This is a permanent position with one of the larger companies experiencing great growth. We are recruiting an idea person with a passion to improve the process. This position will be expected to support the team of safety experts. The ideal candidate will have large project experience with a minimum of 5 years experience working in a Safety capacity and at least 3 years on major construction projects; have professional safety certifications. This is a permanent position and not project based.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create / edit safety plans to fit the requirements of the project
- Be on-site to implement the safety plan
- Work with / train the on-site staff in safe construction practices
- Work directly with the client to manage the safety program and meet their expectations
- Prepare weekly summary reports for management and the client
- Oversee all safety concerns for all ongoing projects
- OSHA500 / 510 certification required
- Board Certified Safety Professional – ASP or CHST Certification - preferred
- A four year Safety degree is preferred
- 5 Years minimum experience as a Safety Manager with 3 years experience on major construction projects
- USACE EM385 experience is preferred
- Candidates must have documented experience creating & editing detailed and organized information tracking systems.
- Familiarity with all applicable regulations.
- Must have the ability to train staff and subcontractors.
- Solid communication skills - both written & verbal
- Ability to establish timeline
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and experience as a Safety Manager success is a must
- Must be an idea person with a passion to improve the process
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of all of it's employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. These benefits also include healthcare, 401K, annual company bonuses, paid vacations & holidays.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.