Corporate Quality Control Manager
Highland Consulting Group is a national recruiting firm that specializes in placing top construction professionals with great companies.
We have a current opportunity available for a talented Corporate Quality Control Manager for a large Mechanical Contractor. This position will be in the Washington DC area. Our client is a contractor that focuses in the Commercial sector.
The role is to work as the Corporate Quality Control Manager. The primary responsibility for this position is to work with project management to ensure project specifications are being met and reported as needed. The company has a very robust quality program now and wants to continue to develop this program so that all team members are experts in quality control. This is a permanent position with great benefits, full time work, and a great company. Projects are local and very little travel is required.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the corporate quality control plan and modify the plan if needed specifically to the project specifications
- Work with the site management group to train them in QC standards and what specifications are required
- Perform routine inspections with the site management team to assure that the project specifications are being met by the fabricators and subcontractors
- Work with the site management and fabricators on quality control issues
- Review cause and effects of quality defects and take corrective actions
- Manage Quality Control program for specific piping, plumbing, and HVAC projects
- Coordinate with the field inspectors and any third party inspection companies as needed
- Prepare corporate progress & status reports
- Travel to project sites as needed – less than 10% travel
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and quality control on large mechanical projects is a must
- Must be an idea person with a passion to improve the process
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Quality Control inspector, past team management experience is highly preferred
- Must have a strong working knowledge of piping, plumbing, and HVAC construction standards
- Must have solid computer skills
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. This package includes a strong salary, bonus potential, a car allowance, healthcare, 401K, paid vacation, and other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.