Civil Project Engineer – Norfolk, VA
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm focusing on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Norfolk, VA area to hire an experienced Civil Project Engineer. Our client is a hard hitting, fast paced civil contractor that is looking for individuals that want to work in the field. Most projects are over $100 Million with a 2 year duration. This company would give you great exposure to larger interesting projects
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 4 years field experience as a Civil Project Engineer working on bridges, heavy highway, and other civil projects. Our client is searching for a Project Engineer with strong field project experience.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Project Manager
- Managing and supervising all phases of assigned projects
- Preparing and managing schedules
- Estimating change orders
- Helping to negotiate all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Helping to manage project budget and approve all expenses
- Contract administration
- Assisting with buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interfacing with the owner on all projects assigned
- Assembling and maintaining complete project records and close-out documents
- Assisting in performing project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with the superintendent and the owner’s representative, and issuance of punch lists to all relevant subcontractors
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success is REQUIRED
- Experience: 4 years experience as a Civil Project Engineer with projects larger than $10M
- Willing to travel regionally
- Civil Engineering degree
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.