Restoration Estimator – Concrete, Masonry, & Waterproofing
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional, and industrial sectors.
We are recruiting an experienced Restoration Estimator for a Restoration Contractor in the Washington DC area. Successful candidates must have a minimum combination of 3+ years Concrete, Masonry, and Waterproofing estimating experience. The preferred experience is a combination of estimating experience in all three focus areas. Our client is a leader in the industry and has a very deep backlog of projects, they are stable, and growing
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Help support the Chief Estimator to win new projects
- Respond to any change orders and communicate with chief estimator in a timely manner
- Develop master budgets and cost models for all Construction Divisions / CSI Divisions
- Provide hard bid & conceptual estimates of projects
- Create general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date
- Maintain the cost databases
- Review drawings, specifications, and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems to estimate costs
- Work with, and as part of the estimating team to prepare preliminary estimates and studies during pre-construction to monitor design development cost trends to detect potential overruns and problem areas
- At least 3 years construction estimating experience
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Proficient computer skills including estimating and industry specific software
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Strong pre-construction skills, including estimating, quantity survey, value engineering and constructability reviews
- A four year degree is preferred. Candidates with construction management or general construction experience and a concentration in pre-construction estimating will be highly considered for this position
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Innovation – We create a culture of relentless improvement of solutions and processes to make every day better.
- Integrity – We are open, honest, and committed to giving the straight story every time.
- Service - We serve our clients, families, communities, and most importantly our people who are empowered and safe in making decisions and taking actions that dare to make us better.
- Ownership - We take full, personal, individual responsibility for our actions and our work.
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
This company cares about and is committed to the well-being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you have this type of experience, please apply to this position. You can also contact me, John Kane, directly @ (724) 972-4753 to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.