General Construction Estimator
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are recruiting for an experienced Estimator for a well-organized professional General Contractor in the Cleveland, OH area with Commercial construction experience. Our client is a large regional contractor that is in expansion mode andthis position needs to be filled immediately. This position will allow the successful candidate an opportunity to shine on larger projects that are very interesting.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years estimating experience with all the construction divisions. This position is responsible to help with conceptual bids, takeoffs , and hard bids Project mix includes Commercial, Government, Education, Healthcare, Multi-family, and Industrial.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in developing a bid strategy for each project
- Development of master budgets and cost models for all Construction Divisions / CSI Divisions
- Provide conceptual & hard bid estimates of projects
- Create general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Provide independent estimates of change orders
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems to estimate costs
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect potential over-runs and problem areas
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Proficient computer skills including estimating and industry specific software
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Strong preconstruction skills, including estimating, quantity survey, value engineering and constructability reviews
- Experience: 5 years experience as an Estimator for a General Contractor with projects larger than $5M
- Must have solid computer skills and experience on some of the major estimating software packages
- The ability to help schedule projects is a plus
- A four year degree is preferred. Candidates with General Construction experience and a concentration in Preconstruction Estimating will be highly considered for this position
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. The company benefits include Medical Insurance, 401K savings plan, paid Vacation & Holidays and other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.