Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent with the commercial, institutional, multi-use and industrial sectors.
We are recruiting a Chief Mechanical Estimator in the Pittsburgh, PA area with commercial mechanical construction experience. The Chief Mechanical Estimator manages the estimating department and reports directly to the Vice-President of the company. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10 years commercial estimating with mechanical piping and plumbing projects.
Our client is a large regional contractor in expansion mode. The position needs to be filled immediately. Project mix includes commercial, government, education, healthcare, multi-family, and industrial.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of estimators and the takeoff staff
- Help to select projects to bid
- Review estimates created by estimating staff
- Create & revise project scope of work for specific projects
- Manage the estimating software database
- Development of master budgets and cost models for HVAC, piping and plumbing.
- Provide conceptual estimates of projects
- Provide hard bid estimates of projects
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Reviews and comments on estimates provided by others
- Provide independent estimates of change orders
- Develop pre-construction cost estimates
- A solid history of managing an estimating staff
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build project
- Experience: 10 years experience as a Mechanical Estimator with projects larger than $1 Million dollars
- Must have solid computer skills
- The ability to work as a Project Manager is a plus
- A four year degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees that includes Project bonuses, Company bonus, 401K program, Healthcare & others
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601