Business Banker – Bethesda, MD
We are recruiting a Business Banker in Bethesda, MD for a local community bank. This is a key business development role with an extremely well capitalized, four-star bank with an above average level of asset quality. If you are looking for an opportunity where your hard work and contributions will be recognized, this opportunity is for you.
The Business Banker is responsible for the development of banking relationships with business customers across Montgomery County. Specifically the position responsibilities include:
- Carrying out a variety of business development activities to identify bank prospects
- Calling on new prospects as referred from all other areas of the bank, as well as courthouse lists, referrals from prospects, and prospect lists
- Interviewing customers and prospective customers and preparing documentation to acquire information concerning a customer’s business needs for all business lines:
- Collecting and analyzing financial data for proper account structure
- Maintaining aggressive calling program for new and existing customers
- Assisting other Business Development Officers in generating business
- Attending and participating in community affairs to promote the bank’s image
- Developing and maintaining a network of referral professionals (COIs) such as attorneys, realtors, developers, and financial advisors
- Responding to various customer questions and solving customer problems
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field
- 3+ years experience as a commercial lender, credit underwriter, or business development officer
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining deep relationships with business customers in the Montgomery and/or Howard County market
- Solid understanding of commercial credit
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven work ethic and a passion to grow a profitable portfolio
If you are interested in the opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call Karen Rohaly at 724-837-6337.
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct permission in advance.