Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are recruiting an experienced Mechanical Estimator in the Charlotte, NC area with Commercial and / or Industrial mechanical construction experience. Our client is a large regional contractor that is in expansion mode and the position needs to be filled immediately. This is a permanent position with great growth opportunities.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years Mechanical Estimating experience that consist of estimating piping, and sheet metal projects that are either conceptual or hard bid estimates. Individuals need to have the ability to handle large scale projects, want to learn and be the best in their field. Relocation assistance available.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop budgets and cost estimates for commercial facility projects
- Provide conceptual estimates of projects
- Provide hard bid estimates of projects
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Review and comment on estimates provided by others
- Provide independent estimates of change orders
- At times, travel regionally to the project and perform a site survey so that an accurate estimate can be prepared based on the site conditions
- Experience: 5 years experience as an Estimator with projects larger than $1M or an incredible career history to be considered
- Solid track record of projects that involve commercial piping
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Must have solid computer skills
- The ability to work as a Project Manager is a plus
- Refridgeration experience is a plus
- A four year degree in a construction related field is preferred
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a very impressive and comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you have this type of experience please apply to this position. You can also contact me directly @724-837-6336 to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601