Dual-Role - Quality Control / Safety Manager
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Washington DC Metro area, to fill a unique position for a dual-role Quality Control & Safety Manager.
Optimally, the successful candidate will already have both construction Quality Control and Safety Management experience. However, if you have experience as a Quality Control Manager, our client will allow you to grow into a Safety Management role eventually leading to certification.
This is a great opportunity to learn from extremely talented & caring professionals and has a direct path to being a key employee within the company. Our client utilizes cutting edge technology, has the resources to support production and growth. Contact us today to be part of an organization that is professional, growing, cares about its staff and is extremely profitable. Successful candidates need to have documented quality control experience working with Commercial or Industrial projects.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Owner and General Contractor on quality control issues
- Work to improve the billing and inspection process
- Manage the quality control program for specific mechanical projects
- Perform routine inspections to assure that the project specifications are met by the crew and subcontractors
- Prepare daily progress & status reports
- Travel to projects as needed
- Manage / edit safety plans to fit the requirements of the project
- Be on-site to implement the safety plan
- Work with / train the on-site staff in safe construction practices
- Work directly with the client to manage the safety program and meet their expectations
- Prepare daily safety reports for management and the client
- Oversee all safety concerns for all ongoing projects
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and quality control success is a must
- Mechanical Piping & plumbing experience
- Safety Manager experience preferred
- Safety certification, OSHA 30 preferred
- Prepare daily Quality Control & Safety reports
- Must be an idea person with a passion to improve the process
- Ability to establish timelines.
- Interface with the Owner, General Contractor, and subcontractors on all projects assigned
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Experience: 3 years experience with mechanical projects over $1 Million in value
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.