Senior Superintendent – General Contractor – Arlington, VA
Highland Consulting Group is a National Executive Recruiting firm that specializes in recruiting top performers in the construction industry.
We are working with a well-established General Contractor in the Arlington, VA area that has an immediate need for a seasoned Superintendent. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 10 years experience working with Commercial and Institutional construction projects. This position works projects from award to closeout. In general, they work large long term projects with a high level of sophistication. Little travel is required since most work is within a reasonable commute.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and supervise the company Quality Control as well as safety programs
- Conduct inspections to monitor compliance with contract documents
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Create and maintain accurate daily logs
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Direct all construction activity at the project site
- Coordination with Sub-Contractors
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Candidates must have solid experience in ground up as well as renovation projects
- Must have the ability to evaluate contract documents to determine the appropriate construction means and methods
- Ability to multi-task
- 10+ years experience as a General Contractor Superintendent with large project exposure
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Proficient with construction software and general computer software
- Ability to travel to projects on a regular basis
- Bachelor degree is preferred but not required - Candidates with a strong construction background will be strongly considered.
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. Their commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.