Assistant Mechanical Project Manager
Highland Consulting Group is an executive construction recruiting firm that specializes in placing top talent nationally. We are recruiting for individuals with construction management experience for this position as well as many others.
We are working with a Mechanical Contractor in the Baltimore MD area, to recruit an experienced Assistant Project Manager. Do you have experience with commercial mechanical systems? We are recruiting someone that knows & enjoys working with Piping, and Plumbing. This is a great opportunity to learn from extremely skilled & caring professionals in a position with a direct path to Project Management. Our client utilizes cutting edge technology and has the resources to support production and growth. Contact us today to be part of an organization that is professional, growing, cares about its staff and is extremely profitable. Our client offers a structured training program that allows you to advance in the company and take on a large role quickly. The successful candidate will preferably have 3 or more years experience as an Assistant Project Manager working with Commercial or Industrial projects.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager in managing and supervising all phases of assigned projects
- Prepare and manage schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Assist in negotiating all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Work with the Project Manager to manage the project budget and approve all expenses
- Contract administration
- Buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the Owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Work with the Project Manager to perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with superintendent and the Owner’s Representative, and issue punch list to all relevant subcontractors
- Manage the submittal process
- Respond to or create RFI's as needed
Required skill sets include:
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Experience: 3 years experience as an Assistant Project Manager with large scale projects preferred
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees that includes healthcare, paid vacation, 401K matching contributions, bonus program, long term disability, life insurance and paid training.
If you have the qualifications listed above please take a moment to apply. Or, you may contact me directly @ 724-837-6335 x103.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601