Corporate Recruiter / Retention Specialist – Columbus, OH
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive search firm that specializes in recruiting and placing top talent for the construction industry.
We are recruiting for an experienced Recruiter with experience in onboarding staff and working to improve retention of the existing staff. This position is in the Columbus, OH area. Our client is highly respected, stable, well established, and been in business for over 75 years. They are looking for a corporate recruiter to source trades people, office staff, managers, and work to retain team members after they’re the company. This is a position for a strong hunter, someone that wants to make a difference, and has great communication skills.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, screen and interview applicants on a daily basis for skilled trades positions and office staff
- Write and interpret job descriptions
- Create and post job postings for the company website, job boards and social media
- Work job fairs, visit trade school and colleges to attract new candidates
- Match applicants to open job positions, and source for future job openings
- Manage the company’s Applicant Tracking software and enter all resumes and notes regarding correspondence so that the process is documented
- Reach out to perspective candidates and present the opportunities
- Qualify and screen candidates
- Interview candidates for open positions
- Present qualified candidates to management for consideration
- Schedule interviews as needed
- Negotiate salary and benefits with applicants
- Work with management to be proactive in filling positions as the companies staffing needs change
- Stay in contact with the new team member to insure that their transition into the company is successful
- Solid Communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous recruiting experience is strongly preferred
- Must have solid computer skills
- A college degree is preferred but not required
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.